Ruby on Rails Software Engineer
We are seeking Ruby on Rails (RoR) software engineers to join our team responsible for our consumer websites, APIs, and core platform. This is a great opportunity for product-focused engineers who enjoy working iteratively with product managers and designers to build delightful customer experiences.
How we work
- We love to pair program, especially on major features.
- We practice test driven development using RSpec and Mocha.
- We do code reviews and consider them a great learning opportunity.
How the engineering team has impact in our company
- We redesigned our tote swap feature for mobile web, allowing our members to customize the clothes and accessories they receive in their next shipment. This project introduced React and Redux to build highly interactive, complex, real-time experiences.
- We refactored our subscription plans, allowing us to launch our new 3-item plan. Our team can now launch and manage plans without engineering work. In addition to reducing churn, about 40% of our new sign ups choose one of our new plans.
- We built a feature to generate and print on-demand personalized marketing inserts for each shipment, increasing sales by 33%. Used the Google Cloud Print API and contributed to the Cloud Print Ruby gem.
What we're looking for
- Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails, which powers our backend. We love the language and take full advantage of its features and flexibility.
- Experience with API design; we build custom REST APIs and also use GraphQL.